Topband: Before remote op...way before

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Before remote op...way before
From: Stoskopf@tri.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 18:23:03 -0600 (CST)
I haven't been on 160 for a long time. Intending to when I get back.  In
HK now heading so Vietnam for pleasure.  Didn't get the free trip 40 years
ago!

But I was on on the 60s and had the excitement of working VK with a S40B
RX and an ARC5 from KS. Also go to visit W0VXO in MN (Hi Herb) and W1BB in
MA for shack tours. Will be on soon with an Acomm2000 and Hermes. Big
difference is used a straight key last time and at age 76 struggle with
those high speed guys.

As for remote operation....I do have a 2 mile WiFi link to a remote site
so might as well be anywhere....but it is more fun being there....such as
my hour on Ducie as VP 6UU

Cheers.  N0UU