Re: Topband: Strange propagation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Strange propagation
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 10:49:11 -0800
On Thu,1/14/2016 10:33 AM, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
I have full remote station here but it only functions for contest operated by a cliff dweller in NYC who cares not for DXCC credit. The problem with the US RHR deals is that it completely skews the process as far as the propagation differences across the fruited plan. I would love to add to my DXCC totals as I close into the 300 mark. USA stations can do this but is it ethical. It sure makes money for a pay to play amateur radio scheme.

I strongly agree -- while it is permitted by DXCC rules, it is NOT ETHICAL to use a remote station, or a different QTH of your own, thousands of miles closer to a DX entity to add to your country totals.

I see no ethical problem with a guy anywhere using a SINGLE remote station, or remote stations in a geographic region, to contribute to award totals.

And in reality, it IS pay to play -- nice stations cost money! There's the gear, the antennas, and the real estate.

73, Jim K9YC