Re: Topband: Weatherproofing F-type connectors

To: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>, topBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Weatherproofing F-type connectors
From: Renee K6FSB <k6fsb.1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 10:31:58 -0800
since we are talking installation-----
I need to get a tool for connector installation, any preferences on tool for installing the connectors? or at least any that should be avoided as they do not last? I noted two on epay - the red handled ones ( has stripper and just RG 6 &59 plus some connectors!) and blue handled ones (no stripper but will handle rg 11 , 6 & 59)
Renée

Tim Shoppa wrote:
Thank you Frank! I use other nickel-plated brass hardware outdoors and have
been quite satisfied with its durability in my weather. McMaster Carr has
the F connector nuts in nickel plated brass, 10 for $2, their part number
91862A521, I think I can afford to do W8JI's suggestion that way.

Tim N3QE