Re: Topband: RX PREAMPS

To: "'Mike Greenway'" <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>, "'TOPBAND'" <TOPBAND@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX PREAMPS
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 12:00:51 -0700
Mike,
It's your bud from Dayton. I will make this comment: I have modeled 160 rx
antenna systems, Hi-Z 4 square and 8 Circle on EZNEC with the NEC-4 engine.
Anything closer than 200 feet with a 160 tx antenna results in severe
pattern distortion. Also measured +3 to +20 dBm coming into the K3 rx port
depending on direction. I would imagine DXE arrays would be similar.
YMMV.
73 Hardy N7RT