Re: Topband: Why do rodents eat coax?

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Why do rodents eat coax?
From: Ashton Lee <ashton.r.lee@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 18:50:26 -0700
I had a pack rat problem, eating into cables and have completely cured the
issue by running coax inside the inexpensive black tubing made for underground
sprinkler systems. It comes in 100 and 500 foot rolls.

To get the coax into the tubes cut the length you want… then either push an
electricians snake through, or use a vacuum and suck a small rag with string
attached in from the other side. Either way gives you a messenger to pull the
coax.

The tubing comes in several sizes. Be sure you get at least 1.5” to accommodate
coax connectors. Larger sizes will protect multiple runs of coax.