Re: Topband: Fwd: BCB Interference

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: BCB Interference
From: Mike - W5JR <w5jr.lists@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 16:10:23 -0500
The non-linear test will help you immediately determine if the issue is inside
or outside of the radio(s). If inside, dB steps make a difference quickly and
"not linearly", meaning a 1 or 3 dB step makes a larger impact.

If it's linear, 10 dB steps make 10 dB improvements, and it's outside of the
radio. This could still be in shack wiring or other components, or on premiss,
the other side of town, or the state, as the one Tom tracked down.

tnx
Mike