Re: Topband: Bandpass filters for receive antennas

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bandpass filters for receive antennas
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 00:18:52 -0500
Thanks for all the replies.

Tom, I put that preamp at the antenna to hear a specific station on 20
meters to the NW. On 20, I cannot always hear the background noise in the
reverse direction. The Beverage is too long for that band (580'), not to
mention it's made from electric fence wire.

My main preamp is in the shack. Always has been, and that location works on
40 meters and below.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

... Do not put it at the antenna. It just adds to overload issues. My amps