Re: Topband: BOG question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BOG question
From: Jim <wa3mej@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 17:04:17 +0000 (UTC)
Frank et. al,
The ground does indeed affect the Vf however different types of wires/cables
are affected differently and the only way to know for sure is
to measure the Vf yourself. I use old telephone cable ( C Rural wire) for my
BOG and it is distinctly different from the normal window line used on my
elevated Beverage or someone else coaxial BOG.. So you gotta get out of the
shack and do the leg (and sometimes brain) power to find the correct info.

Jim WA3MEJ

P.S. Frank to you have a soft copy of "Propagation Of High Frequency Currents
In Ground Return Circuits" (1934) that you could part with

Message: 1