Re: Topband: A Bit Off Topic

To: Bob Garrett <rgarrett5@comcast.net>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: A Bit Off Topic
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 14:15:38 -0400

 Bob,

Good idea to think about CME protection as well as lightening.  I recently had problems at WERU-FM radio station where I am the CE.   At the height of Northern lights, It came in on audio lines and took down a stereo audio processor at the studio. At the transmitter site  it took down a Internet service provider. Also at the TX site the Burk remote control was getting pulses, not from the Harris transmitter. Slow getting back up on air. Then after I was back up on the air and extinguished all alarms, receive a phone call from the remote saying we had zero output power. But we were still up on the air. This is my first CME   problems.     Not the blown fuses and fried parts like lightening, but instead taking out few of the most sensitive solid state components.
73
Bruce-K1FZ

www.qsl.net/k1fz/beverage_antenna.html