Re: Topband: Salt-Water Qth!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Salt-Water Qth!
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 17:14:21 -0400
This is fascinating stuff. My 160 meter vertical is less than 2 wavelengths away from the Great Pond Bay and the salt water lagoon inside which includes a floodplain of very brackish water. This is proven my taste and by the fact that there are plenty of mangroves there. Before I knew any better I ran 1000' coax and then a 600' Beverage from on side of the salt flat muck to a post on the other using an existing series of fence posts. The results were horrible and my inland Beverages over a former hay field worked but the salt pond beverage did not. All I can say that to a moral certainty that whatever that proves it proves.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ