Re: Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests

To: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Use of Remote Receivers During 160 Meter Contests
From: Matt Murphy <matt@nq6n.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 15:56:10 -0500
In my opinion the stew perry rule is in the spirit of contesting.
Technically advanced stations might all be able to squeeze out a few more
db of SNR yet there are limits and importantly the rule doesn't create an
arms race for a single prime location.

I don't think we necessarily understand the propagation well enough to know
what QSOs might be possible if RX grids could be set up close to but not
necessarily on station property.

W6 big guns are heard all over Europe but Qs can be challenging. There is
definitely room in the sport for RX rules that encourage creativity and
engineering.

73
Matt NQ6N