Re: Topband: Eighteen years later, K9AY rethinks the receiving loop ante

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Eighteen years later, K9AY rethinks the receiving loop antenna
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:43:44 -0500
Here are a few key point related to the NCJ article:

1. The article is mainly about a practical and reliable way to model the K9AY Loop. 2. The reasons for making such an effort included trusting the model to accurately represent alternative structures, which ultimately required building and testing some of them. 3. One type of new configuration was shown as an example, with brief comments including the main tradeoffs. 4. I'm trying to get a comprehensive article written, but it's been hard to set aside the time to sort out and prioritize all the big and little things I've examined over the years.

I'll try to respond to questions, but be warned that I'm busy with some annual projects that bunch up every March-April!

73, Gary
K9AY