Re: Topband: Question...

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Question...
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 12:53:19 -0500
Mike,

don't know your "support" system as regards trees around you but if
you can get to your radial plate, the "spud gun" I made works
perfectly. look at my qrz page for the photo & info. You wouldn't
have to do as much as I did & some use a valve like a ball valve to
launch the projectile. A google for pneumatic spud gun will bring up
all kinds of alternate ideas & instructions. While I think mine is
the best I've seen for my wishes, it's also overkill for most
people's needs. Something less involved will be just as effective (I
simply made mine a project to get the max results from as I was tired
of putting up new 160 wires 4-5 times a year).

But once made, any of these & a bicycle pump will get your antenna
back up & you on the way back to the house in 15 minutes if you use
tree supports for the antenna.

73,

Gary
KA1J

> Eddy,
>
> Unfortunately many technical nets have been replaced by group discussions. I
> participate in the group discussions but I enjoy talking about station and
> antenna setups and hearing the results of the experimentation on the air.
>
> My 160 inverted L came down during the first snowfall of the season. I'm
> waiting for the ice and snow to melt before so that I can fix it. Hopefully
> I'll meet you on the air.
>
> Mike N2MS

---
is active.