Re: Topband: Question...

To: mstangelo@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Question...
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 09:34:52 -0500
On 2015-02-27, at 4:04 PM, mstangelo@comcast.net wrote:

> Eddy,
>
> You do have a computer in the shack. You are an internet operator.
>
> Ham radio was one of the first forms of social media. We used to discuss
> operating and contesting issues on the air with our nets. We replaced the
> radio social media with internet groups and chat rooms.
>
> I bet you're like me and spend more time on internet groups that on the air.
>
> We have met the enemy and it us.
>
> Mike N2MS

Hi Mike,

Yes, that is quite true: lately I probably spend more time in front of the
computer, than I do in front of the rig. I keep telling myself that it's merely
a phase I'm going through, but on-the-air QSOs just don't seem like what they
used to be.

Seem to be more challenging & interesting encounters & people on-line, than
on-the-air, of late.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ