Topband: Use of NCC1

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Use of NCC1
From: Michael Walker <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 21:17:10 -0500
I picked up an NCC1 and I am trying to determine just how much I should
invest in the receiving antennas for my home (urban) QTH.

I am in a typical neighbourhood with a treed greenspace at the back of the
house and about 300M from the house beyond the green space is the 500KV
lines from one of Ontario's Nuclear power stations.

Do I just go with a smaller dipole out in the green space up in the trees
(or vertical).  Or, do I invest in either a pair of Z1501 active antennas
from Clifton Labs or the similar verticals from DX Engineering?

My HF antenna is a Windom at 50ft running through the trees.

If you have an NCC1, what has your experience been like?

Many 73

Mike va3mw