Re: Topband: The "Future" Of Ham Radio

To: Anthony Scandurra <anthony.scandurra@gmail.com>, low bad reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The "Future" Of Ham Radio
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 11:45:34 -0500
Makes you wonder !  I see it all the time.. There WIN 7 light speed machine
with 32 GB  Ram and  QUAD    SSD's in Raid  takes 40 sec to flash screen !!!!

Gosh I still remember to  the frustration of a transceiver with limited
"Clarifier"     and the joys of  Split RX and TX  boxes. during the BIG Romeo
splits.

Now with LP Pans,  SDR's, RBN and SKimmers ( for the CW and now RITTY )  and
Multiple Monitors  the shack  takes on a Mission Control environment.

   And  your frustration level off the scale when your wait timer go's off and
the big  tube is ready and  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I my self enjoy the HUNT....  the listening  on the other VFO trying to guess
what and how he is operating.. Some  OP's are predictable  some it's a crap
shoot.

but that the FUN IMHO....  My  .02 and then  some

 There is a old YouTube  skit  that  I visit time and again to keep  this in
prospective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvCMT1wxWMg

Wayne W3EA
"Future" Of Ham Radio