Re: Topband: K1N and JA

To: "Lennart m" <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K1N and JA
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 12:45:09 -0500
On 2015-02-03, at 11:41 AM, Lennart m wrote:

> GM/GE all,
> I recall VP6DX at Ducie Island was using two ways to fight dQRM; slightly
> moving TXQRG up/dwn which brought difficulties to the jammers to follow; QSX
> up 4 and then dwn 5 for example. Those who did not copy could hardly call at
> the right QRG.
> I spent a lot of time listening and I found this system proved to work very
> well on 160. What say Milt?
> 73
> Len
> SM7BIC

Hi Len,

I think that what I would do here, personally, if I was an integral part of a
DX-pedition, is to actually exchange "599's" with the repeat offender (at least
it might finally shut him up, right?), and then never confirm the contact,
post-expedition...

But not being a subscriber to Lotw, I don't know if such a thing is even
possible these days...in the pre-electronic days, when hard-copy QSL cards
dictated everything, it would have been an easy thing to "black ball" a repeat
offender in that manner---but to-day...?

I don't know.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ