Re: Topband: over confident

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: over confident
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:22:04 -0800
On Fri,1/23/2015 2:33 PM, Wayne wrote:
  Ooops...the rest of the story is_ don't send you call again after
you have heard it correct._ That might be illegal.

No, it's not illegal. :) But it does violate my rule of "being weak" -- NEVER repeat something that you know the other station has copied correctly. The problem is that you don't know. In that case, it is probably best to send "?" and let him repeat it.

I worked EP6T on 40M long path this morning. He had me as K7YC. I sent "K9 K9 K9" and he came back with my call correctly.

73, Jim