Re: Topband: over confident

To: k1fz@myfairpoint.net, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: over confident
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 14:43:40 -0800
What has worked for me in cases where he obviously has my call wrong,
or where I am not sure if he has it correct, is to send just my call
and NOT 5NN. I keep doing this until I clearly hear him send my call correctly and only then do I send QSL 5NN.

Giving your call before and after 5NN doesn't guarantee that he has
your call right.

Also, I do NOT recommend 5NN TU, because in many cases he will send
his "TU" as soon as he hears 5NN, and then you miss his TU.

Don't worry, after the DXpedition, you can get them for fix the log
for the busted call. It is advisable to check with the real N1FZ to make sure he wasn't involved. I often get into pileups with N6RO
or some other similar sounding call and then it isn't so clear about
the busted call thing if he works one of us.

Rick N6RK