Re: Topband: EP6T and outside world

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: EP6T and outside world
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:22:12 -0500 (EST)
Commercial transmitters and receivers for 160 meters have long been
available . During the 1950s and 1960s the 75A-4 and NC-300/303
were popular receivers and the Viking Ranger and Valiant were popular
transmitters. The Drake R4C and T4XC became the "must have"
equipment for serious topbanders during the mid 1970s.

Big changes started to occur with the advent of transceivers that
covered 160 meters, perhaps the first was the Yaesu FT-101B in 1973
soon followed by the TS-820 in 1976.

Topband experienced a rebirth with the demise of LORAN-A in the
United States in 1980 and the elimination of complex band segments
and power restrictions below 1900 kHz soon thereafter.

73
Frank
W3LPL