Topband: EP6T

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EP6T
From: "Bill and Liz" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 07:19:12 -0500
Last night the expedition had a pretty good signal on 80M...workable,I thought,
by anyone running a bit of power, some long deep QSB but also some surprisingly
long peaks too.  In the time that I spent listening, they worked no NA
stations, so either propagation is causing great difficulties for them on
receive, their noise level is high (this may be the real reason-there is heavy
industry on the island not very far from their QTH) or the “EU wall” is just
too high and deep.  At no time did I hear a request to stand by for NA even as
their sunrise approached and propagation would be tops for us.

And not a peep on 160M here (EN93) through the first few evenings.  So far just
3 NA stations have made it into the log on topband with some 71 on 80M.  Not
good for NA!!

Bill VE3NH