Re: Topband: Looking for 160m narrow beam RX advice

To: Lloyd Berg - N9LB <lloydberg@charter.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Looking for 160m narrow beam RX advice
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 10:44:55 -0800

On 1/4/2015 10:03 AM, Lloyd Berg - N9LB wrote:
I have read and re-read the recently posted 160m RX antenna information
presented on the Top Band Reflector and am sold on building a separate low
band receive antenna system in my front yard that is away from my TX towers
in the back yard.

I am wondering if anyone is willing to give me input on my situation.  I
need the best option for narrow beam RX.

 You are a perfect candidate for a Big Waller Flag:

http://nx4d10.wix.com/waller-flag

If you build it, let us know if your results are as good
as claimed on the above URL.

Rick N6RK