Re: Topband: ground radials & conductivity

To: "k1fz@myfairpoint.net" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ground radials & conductivity
From: Bill Wichers <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:39:39 +0000
Ah, sorry if I misinterpreted what you meant.

Regarding "proper" galvanization, such things CAN still be had. There are two
kinds of galvanized products these days: "flash" galvanized, which is usually
not very useful outdoors, and "hot dipped" galvanized. The hot-dipped type
tends to look "crusty" and dull gray in color but will hold up for decades. All
the utility hardware is done this way and it lasts. You can get this type of
galvanized hardware in big box hardware places, it will look dull gray (NOT
shiny).

A lot of the shiny stuff people think is galvanized is actually a cadmium
playing and it rusts pretty quickly outdoors.

  -Bill