Re: Topband: tool for install radials

To: topband List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: tool for install radials
From: Gary and Kathleen Pearse <pearse@gci.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 09:51:39 -0900
Hi John. Find a piece of wood, maybe a 2x4 and saw a slot in one end width-wise
deep enough to firmly hold a partially inserted staple without it bending. Push
or drive with a hammer against the 2x4 and force the staple into the ground
over the wire flush with the end of the wood. Remove the wood (might need to
tip sideways to release the staple if it’s tight in the slot), turn the wood 90
deg, and push down again to finish implanting the staple. Might work, never
done it.

73, Gary NL7Y