Re: Topband: ARRL 160m contest and DX Window?

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160m contest and DX Window?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 08:27:40 -0600
After playing in the ARRL DX contest in the early morning hours, it looks
to me that what is *really* needed is a small DX window somewhere in the 15
kHz JA segment 1810-1825. Heck, it could even be less than 5 kHz wide.

>From my QTH in the central USA, I could copy JAs who were working NA
stations; and some JAs spotted NA stations in the cluster. But 1810-1825
was wall-to-wall NA stations calling CQ.

What are the chances of such a DX window making it into the rules? Maybe in
a future Stew?

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com