Topband: Happy Thanksgiving !

To: Jim K9JWV <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Happy Thanksgiving !
From: "Jim F. via Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 04:19:31 +0000 (UTC)

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all !
It was especially nice in the QRP ARCI 160m Sprint
last night and then with the family at dinner today !
Just a few of the many things to be thankful for.

160m QRP Sprint:
Last night the 160m noise level was S5+ and hardly aQRPer could be picked out
of the static.
W1PID emailed that I could not hear him calling me.
 And then then something amazing happened.
One hour into the Sprint and a wild November snowstorm the condo complex
suddenly went RF quiet !
A (14 hour) power failure dropped the noise level to S1and  QRPers were easily
heard and worked using battery power....
What could be better ?  Thanks to all who heard andworked my 5 watt CW signal
and to those who tried but just couldn't copy my call sign
 (WA9ETW, W9CC, NN2V, W2NRA, and W8RE).

73,
 Jim / W1FMR  Newmarket, NH.