Topband: TX relays

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TX relays
From: "Ken Claerbout" <k4zw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:01:55 -0400
Milt's question was a good one and it got my interest since I am in the process of building an 80 meter transmit array. It's unfortunate the discussion tuned into an excrement fest but it shouldn't come as a surprise. People are who they are. Thanks to those who provided useful comments.

I looked over data sheets for a variety of DPDT relays but eventually bought mine from Array Solutions. Why? There were a lot of choices and I really wasn't sure which was best suited for my application. I figured, and time will tell, that they have been used in enough applications and potential issues should have been sorted out by now. Might there be something better or could I have got them cheaper? Maybe. But I don't have time to analyze this to the nth degree. The project moves forward.

73
Ken K4ZW