Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:47:08 -0400
Im going to be needing 500-1000' spools of polyester double braid rope for supporting some more wire antennas in the harsh enviroment up here. The 5/16" is rated at 3400 tensile and the wire will be about 50#. ID likely tension it to about 200-250# to reduce sag

Or would real Mil-C-5040H type III (550# ) or type IV (750#) paracord be OK? Its certainly not as strong plus it stretches. That spec was inactivated in 1997 and Ive been unable to find its replacement.

I only want to do this once as I aint gettin' no younger!

Carl
KM1H