Re: Topband: Modeling the proverbial "vertical on a beach"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Modeling the proverbial "vertical on a beach"
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 23:08:40 +0200
Wow, nice S-meter...

-----Original Message-----
From: Topband [mailto:topband-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Yuri
Blanarovich

Oh, here comes the "guru" again. :-)

Unnecessary debate? We are talking about experiences and RESULTS of
comparing normal in land "ground" effect vs. salt water beach or
marshes. We are commenting on the benefit of immediate proximity of salt
water to antenna performance, especially on low angles.
K3BU and others found out that it is not "feeling," but S-meter readings
in order of 10 - 20 dB (RX and TX!) in favor of salty beach.