Re: Topband: Field Day 630M Beacons / On-air Demo

To: Radio KH6O <radio.kh6o@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Field Day 630M Beacons / On-air Demo
From: Bill Stewart <cwopr@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 06:57:27 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Jeff and any one else interested,

You may already know abt the Night of Nights. If not, here
is some info on a truly fun event...and there should be some
500kc activity too. Coastal station KSM is also active each
Sat for several hours, on the old Maritime freqs. Check the
MRHS web site for lots of good info on how it was done back when
CW was King of the Maritime airwaves. Below is a link to the
N of N info:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=21c83753-4552-46ae-b771-a24edc095a5b&c=87e94620-790b-11e3-93dd-d4ae5292c4bc&ch=88dd6a20-790b-11e3-9409-d4ae5292c4bc

FLASH!

USCG WILL PARTICIPATE IN NIGHT OF NIGHTS!
NEW USCG STATION ON THE AIR!
KPH, KFS, KSM, WLO AND KLB WILL BE ON THE AIR!

Event Date: 12 July 2014 Pacific Daylight Time
First Transmission form MRHS Stations: 5:01pm Pacific Daylight Time 12 July,
0001Z 13 July 2014

> Historic coast stations KPH, KFS, KSM, WLO AND KLB will return to the air

> RCA "H Set" Transmitter 298 will be on the air

> 1942 Press Wireless PW15 transmitter will be on the air

> USCG Coast Stations NMC, NMQ and NMW will be on the air

> K6KPH will be listening for calls and signal reports

> Join us in person or on the air!

It is a real treat to hear these Coastal/USCG stations sending out the
beautiful sounds of CW on the Maritime frequencies once again. Tune in for some
great signals and CW from the good ole days of Maritime CW.

73 de Bill K4JYS
PS: Tnx Jeff for the link to your 500kc info.