Re: Topband: 50 ohm direct burial coax cable

To: <mstangelo@comcast.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 50 ohm direct burial coax cable
From: "Tom WA2BCK" <WA2BCK@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 16:59:58 -0400
Mike,
I like LMR400-DB. Not only is it direct burial but it is the lowest loss of the RG8 type cables.
73,
Tom WA2BCK

-----Original Message----- From: mstangelo@comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:10 AM
To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 50 ohm direct burial coax cable

Does anyone know of a source for 50 ohm "RG-8" type direct burial coax able.

I can find many sources for CATV and Satellite 75 ohn cable but not 50 ohm.

Direct burial cable is coated with and anti-fungal compound. I''ve had success with 75 ohm cables for receiving and want to purchase 50 ohm direct burial for transmitter feeds.

Thanks,

Mike N2MS