Topband: Grounds

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Grounds
From: "Mike Greenway" <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 18:44:31 -0500
I am building a new two wire beverage and have built many in the past that
seemed to work okay but I am paying close attention to detail on this one.  I
have a couple of questions to start.  Most all agree that the antenna xfmr
ground and and the coax ground should be separate.  How much distance between
the two ground point is recommended for this?  Also is there a problem using
the same ground for both coax feeds?  ON4UN recommends a common mode choke
about 15 feet away from the feed point but at present I am not installing those
yet.
73 Mike K4PI