Re: Topband: 8Q7BM on Topband

To: "topband@contesting.com List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 8Q7BM on Topband
From: Björn SM0MDG <bjorn@sm0mdg.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:06:37 +0500
Hi,

Last night was very quiet here on Topband. I was CQ’ing from about 1435z to
1700z in burts. Heard a UX6 station 579 that did not hear my calls. Around
1510z I heard SM5BIC calling CQ with a 559 report in the peaks, I was not
successful with getting Len’s attention. A LA1 station was also heard, but very
weak. at 1715z I worked 4K6FO, but nothing else on the band. I switched off
around 1730.

In my sunset I called for 40 minutes non-stop, starting around 0050. There was
no response. At breakfast I found out that SK3W is the only skimmer to have
detected my call on Reverse Beacon Net. Scandinavians should try in my SR.

I will be back on tonight around 1430 to 1700 and then again in my sunset on
1823.7 (+/- QRM) or somewhere else if Amsterdam Isl occupies that part of the
band. If propagation improves I might be motivated to stay around longer in the
evening, but as of now it is quiet and lonely here on TB. Some would argue that
it is the way it should be in paradise :)

GL!

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG
8Q7BM