Re: Topband: Digital mode spurious issues

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Digital mode spurious issues
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 21:34:26 -0500
Hi, Jim

Well as one who has been an RF and radio engineer and designer for 40+
years, I have to agree with most all of  your points. Great deal of truth in
there, but so many guys don't appreciate all those things and their
inclination is "crank it to the right" and "the "louder you shout, the
further  you get"! And they are looking for large meter excursions. To
appreciate the tendency to overdrive transmitters and amplifiers. One need
only listen to the the prevalence of awful key clicks and SSB splatter in
contests!

(And "real men" use vacuum tubes to develop "real power"!  :-) )

73,
Charie, K4OTV