Re: Topband: Easy-to-learn 160 contest logging program?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Easy-to-learn 160 contest logging program?
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 20:11:54 -0500
On 12/04/2013 07:15 PM, w7dra@juno.com wrote:
logging program? same one i started with in 1955. paper and pencil. i
went to a ball point pen for several years and found it did not help in
upping my rate.

this year i am going back to the rig i used to get VK flying doctors ball
cap. i found out that any limbing the steep "better equipment ladder" has
not increased my fun, enjoyment, or primitive animal excitement of making
each contact one bit.

yep, not one bit

mike w7dra

when was the last time i was in a contest, got up from the rig and raced
up the hill to the house and shouted "I WORKED HAWAII!!"??
to my sleeping bride....................

Heh Mike,

I have been logging on paper and afterward I type the stuff into a computer so the contest managers can have a pretty log that they can suck into their computers. Some of those contesters work hundreds or thousands of contacts ya know so that computer is kinda handy for the hams who have to sort it all out. I have been thinking about throwing all this stuff in the dumpster but maybe I'm making moves on simpler. I might not do all the same things as you ('specially not waking up my sleeping bride!) but it probably doesn't include typing on a computer while I'm twisting dials and knobs.

I found out the graphite in a pencil is a better lubricant than the ink on the ball bearing in a pen. It seems like it should be just the other way around. But I nearly started a fire in the shack using a ball point pen on paper (it's flammable ya know).

I have three transmitters with 160 meters on the bandswitch and not a darn one is usable at the moment. Can you spell o-l-d? I might get one up by the weekend but I stand a better chance of getting back on 160 by the time we have the Stew. Maybe it's just time to make a new transmitter and one without a derned bandswitch.

73,

Bill  KU8H