Re: Topband: Connector grease

To: <n0tt1@juno.com> <n0tt1@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Connector grease
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 07:21:43 -0500
On 2013-11-24, at 8:59 PM, <n0tt1@juno.com> <n0tt1@juno.com> wrote:

>> I would not use petroleum jelly on any electrical connector,
>> especially to
>> flood it. That is bad advice, no matter what source recommends it.

Hi Guys,

I applied "Vaseline" petroleum jelly onto the coax connectors of my inverted
"L" antennas at the end of each October, and re-opened same in April, to allow
me to stow away the feeders for this "seasonal" antenna---there was NEVER any
evidence of corrosion, or harm done, in that 6 month span. I'd been doing this
for some 6 years, too.

I received this tip from someone who used to do extensive work with a cable TV
company in northern Ontario: he said that the practice was "de riguer" with the
staff.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ