Re: Topband: Sprites

To: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Sprites
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:30:53 -0800
Mike,

In one part of the NOVA program, dialog was "the airglow confirms that sprites interact with the ionosphere"
There were other references as to sprites into ionosphere

Most of our DX propagation is via the ionosphere. A sprite propagation change maybe possible, but is not proven.
Progress is learning beyond what we already know. (open mind theory)

Here in Maine, 160 meter condition had been very good, then all propagation was lost within minutes. It sounded like noon-time again.
I could, how ever, still  hear one ground wave fish net locator.( : > ) )

After a short commercial, it is very interesting. They are doing such research.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/earth/edge-of-space.html

73
Bruce-K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html