Re: Topband: Detuning/Grounding Xmit Antenna while on RX

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Detuning/Grounding Xmit Antenna while on RX
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 07:06:51 -0500
Can someone explain why grounding the feed of a shunt fed tower prevents it from re-radiating noise? The tower is already grounded. I don't understand how grounding the coax port looking into the gamma or omega match accomplishes the goal.

I've been trying to get my shunt fed tower to stop re-radiating noise into my Beverages for 7 years with NO success. I've been trying to detune a section of the tower by making a loop with capacitor as described in ON4UN's books.

73,
Paul N1BUG
Topband Reflector