Topband: Detuning/Grounding Xmit Antenna while on RX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Detuning/Grounding Xmit Antenna while on RX
From: "Bob Garrett" <rgarrett5@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 22:46:28 -0500
Greetings Topbanders,

I have an 85 foot shunt fed tower that I use on TB.  I have a HI-Z 4 Square
and some short beverages.  The performance of the RX antennas definitely
improves (less noise and better directivity) when the TB vertical is shorted
to ground.  What is the easiest mothod to short the vertical to ground?  Do
I need to put a relay at the base of the verticaland activate a relay?  I'm
using a Microham Digikeyer for myinterface and the rig is the FTDX-5000.
Perhaps a set of contacts on one of those units could do the trick.  Any
assistance appreciated.

73, Bob K3ULeither

Topband Reflector