Re: Topband: K9W

To: Gary@ka1j.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K9W
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:05:07 -0500
The first night they were on, K9W peaked 599 and a bit over here in central Maine around 0800z. Amazing! They were very readable for hours, but that was the peak. There was a secondary, much weaker peak at sunrise that morning.

After that first night, conditions were never as good again. There were nights they were not readable at all, others they got up to 559, maybe 569 for short periods.

This underscores a lesson I re-learned the hard way when I missed 3C0 and ZL9. On topband, you have got to lose some sleep and put some hours in the chair if you really want the DX. :-)

73,
Paul N1BUG
(happy to have worked W8A for # 281 this morning)