Re: Topband: Homebrew capacitors

To: "Richard Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Homebrew capacitors
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:57:08 -0400
In the late 60's I made a coaxial capacitor from a length of RG-17 to supply most of the C for a 40M Bobtail. A little too big to fold and the losses were not even worth thinking about. On 160 with a decent coax what would be the effect of a little loss besides a little heat ?

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>