Re: Topband: 3B9EME

To: <n0tt1@juno.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 3B9EME
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:56:03 -0400
Hi, Charlie

I wasn't aware that no preamp was used with the FO0AAA terminated loop.

I have modeled the FO0AAA loop in EZNEC, and, because it has a bit more area
than my smaller, 40' X 10' KAZ terminated delta loop, it has a bit more
gain. With mine, I have used one of the old original AMECO tunable vacuum
tube preamps ahead of the RX port on the FT1000MP. Worked very well, though,
and it was a godsend on my small city lot in Raleigh with all the local
noise! It was also a great RX antenna for 80, 40 and 30m!

On my smaller lot, Ido have really tall trees, that are tall enough to
support an inverted L with 70-80 feet vertical. I just ran two elevated
resonant radials down the property lines. Had to bend one of them. I worked
a lot of good stuff around the world on 160, especially once I put  up the
terminated loop so I could hear better.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV