Re: Topband: WD1A wire

To: ZR <zr@jeremy.mv.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: WD1A wire
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:53:54 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Carl, even though it wasn't much help.

Need some new wire for some BOG experiments, mostly for 630 meters. Ran outa
cheap insulated wire. Considering cat5 because it's cheaper than any single
conductor wire you can buy. But WD1A  is not as appetizing to the varmits and
in my old age, I really hate splicing wire in the snow.

Anybody even run bare wire on the ground? I tried that when I was in AZ and it
didn't work but the soil at that location was very very good. Maybe it would
work here over frozen sand and rock?

Larry - W7IUV