Re: Topband: 160 meter activity

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 meter activity
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 23:16:05 -0400
Hi,

Tonight 11 PM eastern time - 3 AM Z - I have been scanning 1800 to 1835 kc. The way that works I should 'sweeping' and not scanning. Of course sometimes I am away from the radio but I did a station calling CQ DX. I looked at RBN and I noticed there weren't very many station heard by them. There was a British ham heard by European RBN receivers but not by any North Americans. There were several North American stations that were heard North American monitors but not by an European stations. The only one that was logged by RBN while I was near the radio is the station that I heard loud and clear. So my radio ain't broke.

One station was calling at 1845 kc so I extended the upper end of my sweep to 1846 kc. I see a lot more activity on 80 and 40 meters.

The next thing for me to do is call CQ and see who answers or posts to RBN.

73,

Bill  KU8H
Topband Reflector