Re: Topband: How to detune a wire Inverted L? How to 'detune'electrical

To: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: How to detune a wire Inverted L? How to 'detune'electrical fence
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:11:36 -0700
De-tuning an electric fence is something I have thought about (I have some
here).

Two possible ideas (these are not proven - so I won't say "solutions").

If the fence doesn't need to be active while "detuned" - you can break it
up into odd multiples of quarter wavelengths (mind your velocity factors).

If the fence does need to be active - you can do step #1 - but then put
some kind of choke in series of the places you break it up.

The one beverage I have near electric fences doesn't run too close to the
wires except at one point where they are nearly perpendicular.

Tree N6TR

Topband Reflector