Re: Topband: Lightning QRN season?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Lightning QRN season?
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:27:06 -0400
On 08/13/2013 02:56 PM, James Rodenkirch wrote:
  Heck, got on 160 yesterday morning and called CQ -- had a nice chat with W7CB
near San Luis Obispo, CA....wonderful copy on both ends, he with a KW and me
with 30 watts.  Go figure - two guys on Top Band at the same time IN the
summer!!
Albeit not DX, will wonders never cease?!?!?! Jim R. K9JWV

Hi Jim,

So... I'll keep trying. I listen around and sometimes make the call. Shame on me! If I don't find a station calling then I should make the call *every* time. W1AW is *always* copyable here (when they are on the air). I run the dial up toward the other end of the band and can find SSB stations there. The band ain't closed. I don't have SSB available on 160. If I want to chew the rag on 160 maybe I'll have to just fix that. I don't mind QSOs with other North American stations.

73,

Bill  KU8H
Topband Reflector