Re: Topband: Postings during topband off season

To: "Rick Stealey" <rstealey@hotmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Postings during topband off season
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 22:44:44 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Stealey" <rstealey@hotmail.com>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:11 PM

The only way many of us can learn about the big names of years gone by is to
listen in on discussions like these;

Yes, but right here on Topband we have many current-day worthy replacements for them. One can imagine the next generation may be talking about the likes of W8JI, W3LPL. K3LR, W2GD, and many others (forgive me for not trying to make a comprehensive list, these are the first calls that come to mind) - present day heros.

Rick  K2XT

I think its a bit unfair to pick just 4 out of your hat and with 3 well known as world class contesters and operators. Keeping in the same category then KC1XX should be #4.

Ive known Frank since he was a kid in HS (and he was driven even then) so that would make him the oldest by a little over John, and with Matt the young Turk who has done a lot in a short time and is LOS from here, I know him and his dad well. Im not sure where Tim falls in, he doesnt appear to age much (-;

Topband Reflector