Topband: Desktop Power Supply Brand/Noise Question

To: Top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Desktop Power Supply Brand/Noise Question
From: Clay Melhorn <n9io@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 09:27:03 -0500
Hello to the group.I recently built an AMD quadcore machine I intend to
eventually replace my trusty XP Pro machines.
Foolishly got in a hurry to complete the build and purchased a PS from a local
shop.It supplies the power required without issue, I have discovered why the
price was so good.Jim Brown will love this one, virtually no RFC filtering, you
get what you pay for and I know betterjust didn't realize the noise from 40m
and down would be SO intense particularly on a Delta pennantthat points back
toward the shack's general direction.  The XP machines are very quiet.Live and
learn.
Question: Looking at another "good deal" how do the COOLER MASTER PS's rate for
RFC filteringor are there others brand I should be looking at?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171031&nm_mc=EMC-EXPRESS072013&cm_mmc=EMC-EXPRESS072013-_-EMC-072013-Index-_-PowerSupplies-_-17171031-L04B
Will likely not waste time trying to make a Cadillac out of the Yugo I
purchased.

Thankyou in advance,

Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, ILWebmaster: KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society -
W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/

Topband Reflector