Topband: SUMMARY: #12 Ga Wire source

To: Top Band List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: SUMMARY: #12 Ga Wire source
From: Steve Lawrence <wb6rse1@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 17:39:20 -0700
Many replied both on and off list to my request for sources of wire suitable
for a flag/loop that sees a lot of flexing between fiberglass poles. The
suggestions for where and what to buy ranged far and wide. In no particular
order:

Ebay
Homedepot/Lowes: THHN; Rainbow wire
Davis RF and Wireman: FLEXWEAVE
#17 galvanized steel fence wire
HRO
14 AWG solid enameled copper
Apexjr

THHN was the majority suggestion.

By the way - DX Engineering sells 14 ga black covered antenna wire as well.

The fix I've decided on for a broken flag wire is to use thick gauge black
polyester rope to take the tension between the fiberglass poles and wrap wire
along it so it won't be be subject to breaking from the accumulated effects of
flexing.

TU All for your replies.

73! Steve WB6RSE

All good topband ops know fine whiskey is a daylight beverage.
Topband Reflector