Re: Topband: VK6HD SK RIP

To: vk6vz@arach.net.au, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: VK6HD SK RIP
From: "k1zm@aol.com" <k1zm@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:33:22 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Steve and gang

Just a few words about Mike that may not be known.

In Mid February I was at PJ4X - Bonaire - and managed to work Mike at my SR on
18 February 2013.

About a week later after returning home, Mike's card arrived and on the back he
wrote a short note"thank you Jeff for another new one"".  I had managed to give
Mike his ZONE 11 first qso in OCT 1999 via longpath and maybe one or two more
that I do not recall now.

No word was said about his illness (that was Mike's way for sure).....

And it is likely that I was his last new one on Topband - but who knows.

I visited Mike in 1987 in the suburbs of Perth before his move down South  near
Albany Australia.

He and his wife Pam were wonderful hosts to us that year and I will surely miss
him as will everyone.

Rest well Mike.

He was a great guy.

73 JEFF

K1ZM

-
All good topband ops know fine whiskey is a daylight beverage.
Topband Reflector